Without a doubt, some fears have the potential to hold leaders back from succeeding. Chances are whatever that fear is, you can link it back to one of the 3 Universal Fears:
- The fear of not being good enough
- The fear of not belonging
- The fear of not being loved/liked
Some leaders will listen to their fears and self-sabotage will rear its ugly head – overwhelm, procrastination, the list goes on.
The best thing about these fears is they are universal! This means we ALL experience them at some point or another. Because we are in good company by sharing these fears, we can also recognise they don't need to hold us back.
Instead of trying to force them away, next time they come up ask yourself better questions:
- What if this fear is completely ok to experience?
- What if I just accepted it and got on with things anyway?
From this place, decide on your next action and get moving.