- Do you feel overwhelmed by everything you need to achieve?
- Maybe you're feeling misaligned to your values?
- Or do you feel like there's a heavy expectation on you (either self-imposed or by default because of your position)?
Then chances are you've lost connection to your purpose.
When we feel like everything is a struggle each and every day, we start to believe there is a lack of choice. If that sounds like you then I urge you to take time to reflect on your purpose. Take the opportunity to ask yourself some questions:
- Why did you start your business?
- Why did you pursue a career in leadership?
- What is your vision for your future?
- What's your ‘why' behind what you do?
Another great way to reflect is to watch Simon Sinek's TedTalk – “Start with Why”. If you've been in leadership for a while you have most likely seen it already. Even if you have, I highly recommend you find 12 minutes to watch it again. Here's the link: https://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action#t-11065